Last Updated on February 11, 2019 by Cathy Jo Johnson
Everything has a limit, right? Well maybe…..but knowing the speed limit will certainly help you stay out of trouble. What about pickleball limits?
Here are a few questions to test your knowledge of pickleball limits
1. How many times can you serve a let ball and get another chance to serve it?
2. How high can the score go in a pickleball game?
3. How many toes can touch the kitchen line before it is considered a fault?
4. How high is a pickleball net in the middle? How high at the ends?
5. How large can a pickleball paddle be (width + length of paddle including handle)?
Extra Credit and Not in the Rule Book—-How many people can have fun playing pickleball at once on one tennis court?
1A. As many times as it takes to get it right. Rule 4F- IFP Comment
2A. As high as you can count or until the game is called for darkness. Rule 10C
3A. Only one toe, or any part of your shoe. Section 9-9.B
4A. 34 inches middle, 36 inches ends. Section 2 2.C.4
5A. 24 inches. Section 2 2.E.3
Extra Credit 16 players plus all the cheerleaders on the sidelines.
Bev writes a weekly email blast for our pickleball club. She delivers the rules with clarity and a sense of humor. If you have a rules question post it in the comments below.
CJ Johnson’s Fitness Transformation Blog
Train Smart · Live Bold · Age Well
Better Pickleball on YouTube
P.S.S. Click Here to get a copy of 31 Quick Tips to Play Better Pickleball
If you would like others in your club to see Bev’s rules reviews or playing tips, feel free to share this post by clicking on one of these links.